In this tutorial you will learn about the PHP Data Types and its application with practical example.
PHP supports total of eight data types which we use to define our variables:
Table Of Contents−
- Integers: Whole numbers, without a decimal point.
- Doubles: Floating-point numbers, like 5.234 or 3.25.
- Booleans: True or False.
- NULL: Special type that only has one value: NULL.
- Strings:Sequences of characters.
- Arrays: An indexed collections values.
- Objects: Instances of a user defined classes, which can encapsulate properties and data that are specific to the class.
- Resources: Hold references to resources external to PHP (such as database connections).