In this tutorial you will learn about the Program to check Magic Number In Java and its application with practical example.
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a Java Program to check Magic Numbers in Java using Java programming.
Before starting with this tutorial we assume that you are best aware of the following Java programming topics:
- Java Operators.
- Basic Input and Output function in Java.
- Class and Object in Java.
- Basic Java programming.
- If-else statements in Java.
- For loop in Java.
What is Magic Number.
A number is called a Magic number if sum of its digits repeated calculated till a single digit , If single digit end at 1 then the number is a magic number.
For example:-> 199 is a magic number because 1+9+9 = 19 = 1+9 = 10 = 1+0 = 1.
Program to check Magic Number In Java
In this program we would find given number is a Magic number or not .first of we would take a value from user and find the Magic number.let have a look at the code
// java program to check given number is a Magic number or not
public static void main(String args)
//Declaring variables and taking values from user.
Scanner in = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.println("Enter any number");
int number = in.nextInt();
// looping to get last recursively number.
int sum = 0;
while(no>0 || sum>9)
no = sum;
sum = 0;
sum += no%10;
no /= 10;
// Condition for Magic number..
System.out.println(number + " is a Magic Number");
System.out.println(number + " is not a Magic Number");
Not a Magic Number.
In the above program, we have first declared and initialized a set variables required in the program.
- no,number= it will hold entered number.
- Sum= it will hold result of calculation.
After that we take a number from user and find given number is a Magic number or not.
Now we will run the loop until(no>0 || sum>9)
- Here we will loop till a single digit is obtained by recursively adding the sum of its digits.
- Then we will check last digit of their sum is equals to one (sum==1) if it is one number is a Magic number.
- if not it is not a Magic Number.