In this tutorial you will learn about the C++ Program to Calculate area of rectangle and its application with practical example.
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a c++ program that find Area of Rectangle using c++ programming
Before starting with this tutorial we assume that you are best aware of the following C programming topics:
- C++ Operators.
- Basic input/output.
- Basic c++ programming.
What Is Area?
Area measures the space inside any shape.
The extent or measurement of a surface or piece of land.
Area term is used to define the amount of space cover up by a 2D shape or surface.
C++ Program to Calculate area of rectangle
In this program , we will calculate Area of Rectangle of a given Length and Width .First of all user will be prompted to enter Length and Width and afterword passing these value to function to calculate Area of Rectangle.
using namespace std;
float AreaOfRect(float l, float w) // function to calculate area or rectangle
float length, width; // declaring variables
dcout<<"please enter Length : "; // taking input width and length.
cout<<"please enter Width : ";
cout<<"\n Area of Rectangle is : "<< AreaOfRect(length, width); //passing values to function
In the above program, we have first declared and initialized a set variables required in the program.
- length = it will hold entered length.
- width = it will hold entered width.
- l= hold value of length.
- w=hold value of width.
Now let us look process of find area of rectangle step by step.
- first or all take length and width from user.
- then pass these value of length and width to function AreaOfRect(length, width).
- where in function we calculate area of rectangle using formula (a=l*w).
- after, calculating area function returns us the area of rectangle or given length and width,
- Finally in main function we will print the area of rectangle of given values.