In this tutorial you will learn about the C Program to Print X Star Pattern and its application with practical example.
C program to Print X Star Pattern
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a C program that will Print X Star Pattern in C programming.
Before starting with this tutorial, we assume that you are the best aware of the following C programming topics:
- Operators in C Programming.
- Basic Input and Output function in C Programming.
- Basic C programming.
- For loop in C programming.
- Conditional Statements in C programming.
What is X Shape?
The X shape pattern means a pattern containing the Star and looks like the Alphabet X. It will be created using two triangles.
1. Declaring the required variables for the program.
2. Taking the input number of rows from the user.
3. Generating the pattern using the nested for loop.
4. Printing the K Shape number pattern.
5. End the program.
Program description Printing X Shape Star Pattern:-
In this program, we will first take the input number of rows by the user. Then we will generate the X shape pattern using the nested for loops and fill it with star values.
Printing the pattern filled with stars.
Let’s take the below example for the problem.
* C program to print X shape star pattern
//declaring the required variable for the program.
int i, j, N;
//i = it will hold the integer value for the program.
//j = it will hold the integer value for the program.
//N = it will hold the integer value for the program.
//count = it will hold the integer value for the program.
//Taking the input value from the user.
printf("Enter N: ");
//Generating the pattern from the code given below.
count = N * 2 - 1;
for(i=1; i<=count; i++)
for(j=1; j<=count; j++)
if(j==i || (j==count - i + 1))
//Printing the Pattern using " * "
In the above program, we have first initialized the required variable.
- N = it will hold the integer value.
- j = it will hold the integer value.
- i = it will hold the integer value.
Input the number of rows for the X pattern.
Printing output pattern using c programming.