In this tutorial you will learn about the C Program to Replace First Occurrence of a Character in a String and its application with practical example.
C Program to Replace First Occurrence of a Character in a String
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a C program that will Replace the First Occurrence of a Character in a String in C programming
Before starting with this tutorial we assume that you are best aware of the following C programming topics:
- Operators in C Programming.
- Basic Input and Output function in C Programming.
- Basic C programming.
- For loop in C programming.
- Conditional Statements in C programming.
What is a string?
As we all know the String is a collection of characters and words. The word is a collection of alphabets. For string, only one variable is declared which can store multiple values. The String can consist of all the typeable data it means Digits, Alphabets, Symbols, etc.
1. Declaring the variables for the program.
2. Taking the input string from the user.
3. Finding the characters in string.
4. Passing those variables to for loop.
5. Using conditional statements for the program to repalcing the first occerence character.
6. Printing the result string.
7. End the program.
Removing the First Occurrence of a Character in a String
In this program first, we will take input string from the user. Then we will take the character to be Replaced by the user. Then will be Replacing the First Occurrence of the Character in that String. Printing the result string.
Let us take the example program from the below code for Replacing the First Occurrence of the Character in that String.
/* C Program to Replace First Occurrence of a Character in a String */
//declaring the required variable for the prorgam.
char strg, chr, Newchr;
//Taking the input string form the user.
printf("\n Please Enter any String : ");
//Taking the character to be replaced.
printf("\n Please Enter the Character that you want to Replace : ");
//Taking the new character to replace with.
printf("\n Please Enter the New Character : ");
//Replacing the characters in the string.
for(i = 0; strg[i] != '\0'; i++)
if(strg[i] == chr)
strg[i] = Newchr;
//Printing the output string after the replacement.
printf("\n The Final String after Replacing First occurrence of '%c' with '%c' = %s ", chr, Newchr, strg);
In the above program, we have first initialized the required variable.
- strg = it will hold the character value.
- chr = it will hold the character value.
- Newchr = it will hold the character value.
- i = it will hold the integer value.
Input string from the user for the program and Take the character that needs to be replaced and the new character to Replace.
Replacing that character from the string.
Printing output String.