In this tutorial you will learn about the C++ program to Calculate Factorial of a Number Using Recursion and its application with practical example.
C++ program to Calculate Factorial of a Number Using Recursion
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a C++ program that will Calculate Factorial of a Number Using Recursion using C++ programming.
Before starting with this tutorial we assume that you are best aware of the following C++ programming topics:
- Operators in C++ Programming.
- Basic Input and Output function in C++ Programming.
- Basic C++ programming.
- Conditional Statements in C++ programming.
- Arithmetic operations in C++ Programming.
What is factorial?
The factorial means the product of the input number and its below integer value up to 1.
For example:- Factorial of 5 means
Factorial = 5 * 4 * 3 * 2 * 1
Hence, the factorial will be 120.
1. Declaring the required variables for the program.
2. Sending message to enter a number for finding the factorial of the number.
3. Taking the input number from the user for factorial.
4. Calculating Factorial of a Number Using Recursion of that number.
5. Printing the result numbers.
6. End Program.
Program to Calculate Factorial Using Recursion
Today, we will create a C++ program that will take the input number from the user and then will find the factorial for the input integer value using a recursion program.
using namespace std;
//user-defined function for factorial
int factorial(int no);
//declaring the variable for the program.
//no = it will hold the integer value number from the user for finding factorial .
//Taking the input number from the user.
cout << "Enter a positive integer: ";
cin >> no;
//printing the output for the program.
cout << "Factorial of " << no << " = " << factorial(no);
int factorial(int no)
if(no > 1)
return no * factorial(no - 1);
In the above program, we have first initialized the required variable.
- no = it will hold the integer value.
Program Logic Code to print.