In this tutorial you will learn about the C Program to Find Second largest Number in an Array and its application with practical example.
C Program to Find Second-largest Number in an Array
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a C program that will Find the Second-largest Number in an Array using C programming.
Before starting with this tutorial, we assume that you are the best aware of the following C programming topics:
- Operators in C Programming.
- Basic Input and Output function in C Programming.
- Basic C programming.
- For loop in C programming.
- Arithmetic operations in C Programming.
Find the Second-largest Number in an Array.
In this program, First, we will first take the size of the array from the user. Then we will take the elements of the array from the user. After that, we will compare every element of the array and Find the Second-largest Number in an Array. Then we will print the result Second-largest element of the array to the user.
With the help of this program, we can be Find the Second-largest Number in an Array.
/* C Program to Find Second-largest Number in an Array */
#include <limits.h> // For INT_MIN
#define MAX_SIZE 1000 // Maximum array size
//declaring the required variables for the program.
int arr[MAX_SIZE], size, i;
int max1, max2;
/* Taking the Input size of the array */
printf("Enter size of the array (1-1000): ");
/*Taking the Input array elements */
printf("Enter elements in the array: ");
for(i=0; i<size; i++)
max1 = max2 = INT_MIN;
* Check for first largest and second
for(i=0; i<size; i++)
if(arr[i] > max1)
* If current element of the array is first largest
* then make current max as second max
* and then max as current array element
max2 = max1;
max1 = arr[i];
else if(arr[i] > max2 && arr[i] < max1)
* If current array element is less than first largest
* but is greater than second-largest then make it
* second largest
max2 = arr[i];
//printing the result element of the array.
printf("Second largest = %d", max2);
In the above program, we have first initialized the required variable.
- arr = it will hold the integer value.
- i = it will hold the integer value.
- size = it will hold the integer value.
- max2 = it will hold the integer value.
Taking the size of the array and the elements.
Program Code to find the second-largest elements in the array.
Printing output of the program.