In this tutorial you will learn about the C Program to Check Vowel or Not and its application with practical example.
C Program to Check Vowel or Not
In this tutorial, we will learn to create a C program that will Check Vowel or Not using C programming.
Before starting with this tutorial we assume that you are best aware of the following C programming topics:
- Operators in C Programming.
- Basic Input and Output function in C Programming.
- Basic C programming.
- Conditional Statements in C programming.
- String concepts in C Programming.
Program to Check Vowel or Not
In c programming, it is possible to take character input from the user and Check Vowel or Not with the help of a very small amount of code. The C language has many types of header libraries which has supported function in them with the help of these files the programming is easy. The string manipulation is very easy in C programming. In today’s program, we will take a character in input and Check Vowel or Not.
With the help of this program, we can Check Vowel or Not.
1. Declaring the variables for the program.
2. Taking the input a character from the user.
3. Pass that character to check with condition for vowel.
4. Printing the vowel or consonant.
5. End Program.
Program to Check Vowel or Not:-
/* C Program that will Check the given character is a vowel or consonant */
//Declaring the variables for the for the program
int lowerchar, upperchar;
//Taking the input character from the user
printf("Enter an alphabet: ");
// first if variable c is in a lowercase vowel
lowerchar = (c == 'a' || c == 'e' || c == 'i' || c == 'o' || c == 'u');
// second if variable c is in a uppercase vowel
upperchar = (c == 'A' || c == 'E' || c == 'I' || c == 'O' || c == 'U');
// if c is a vowel
//printing the output for vowel else consonant
if (lowerchar || upperchar)
printf("%c is a vowel.", c);
printf("%c is a consonant.", c);
In the above program, we have first initialized the required variable.
- c= it will hold the character value.
- lowerchar= it will hold the integer value.
- upperchar= it will hold the integer value.
Input character from the user.
Program Logic Code.
Printing output Check Vowel or Not.